ICLAIM is an interdisciplinary not-for-profit Centre, which closely works with UCLan Cyprus on law in the real world, socio-legal issues and disputes arising in a transnational and interdisciplinary context, at all levels of the legal order and multi-level governance (international, European and national), utilising alternative and innovative methods. In particular, ICLAIM is concerned with:
- the creation, application, implementation and enforcement of law; and with
- the settlement, mediation, negotiation, arbitration, resolution and other forms of dispute resolution.
Through, inter alia, the marketisation of outputs and the securing of external funding to conduct its activities in Cyprus and beyond, ICLAIM is a vehicle for responsible research, innovation and enterprise in the aforementioned fields through:
- educational training;
- vocational training;
- engagement with the legal profession, the industry and the public; and
- social entrepreneurship and service to the community.
Initial activities of ICLAIM will include a scholarly applied focus on challenges for global citizens, businesses and their states in an effort to secure real public benefit through:
- the setting-up of pilot clinic and/or service bureau schemes;
- the delivery of professional or short courses;
- the creation of related research outputs, tools and deliverables;
- collaboration, education and knowledge outreach/service to the community;
- mentoring and consulting involving students, professionals, the industry, special interest groups as well as the wider community.
ICLAIM resident members are credited with local, regional and global initiatives focusing on very diverse fields of the law in the real world, through alternative and innovative methods. They work very closely with internationally respected and distinguished researchers and academics as well as key industry partners and professionals, including in the public sector, in Cyprus, Europe and the wider region.
The Founding Members/Directors of ICLAIM are Prof. Stéphanie Laulhé Shaelou, Dr. Lida Pitsillidou, and Dr. Natalie Alkiviadou (Director). The secretary is Dr. Nevi Agapiou.
For further information about ICLAIM, please do not hesitate to contact us at 24694096 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Professionals are welcome to contact us with any ideas they may have falling within the ambit of ICLAIM and which they would like to develop in partnership with ICLAIM.
Visit our website: www.iclaimcentre.org
Our offices are located at:
12-14 University Avenue
Come and visit!
Focus on Industry, Research and Innovation
Softline Computer Systems Ltd is ICLAIM’s first industry and research and innovation partner. To this end, ICLAIM and Softline are working together towards the creation of the Zygos innovation corner, an open innovation environment located at ICLAIM that will be utilised for creating/delivering innovative products and services through the collaboration of Softline employees and academics and students of UCLan Cyprus Law School through ICLAIM.
As a first activity and as part of ICLAIM’s professional skills development and service to the student community, ICLAIM and Softline are offering an elementary Zygos training as follows: ELEMENTARY ZYGOS TRAINING