Human Rights Education in Context
Duration: July-September 2020
Objective: To provide training to young people in Cyprus on Human Rights Education.
This was a short-term project, offering a training course to young people in Cyprus on the theme of ‘Human Rights Education in Context’. The two-day training was provided on 27-28 July 2019, where participants engaged in various activities through the COMPASS, BOOKMARKS and All Different All Equal Handbooks of the Council of Europe.
The project closed with a Conference on the same topic on 23 September 2019, with presentations by a number of experts in the fields of Human Rights, and Education. The speakers were:
- Dr. Michalinos Zembylas, Associate Professor, Open University of Cyprus
- Dr. Natalie Alkiviadou, Lecturer, University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus
- Dr. Nasia Hadjigeorgiou, Assistant Professor, University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus
- Representative from the Ministry of Education and Culture, Republic of Cyprus
- Ms Maria Miltiadous, Cyprus Youth Board
Supporter: University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus