Welcome to the Interdisciplinary Centre for Law, Alternative and Innovative Methods! A 2020 European Citizen Prize Laureate!
ICLAIM envisions a society where citizens are empowered individually and collectively and enjoy access to social justice, through alternative and innovative approaches in the application of the law to societal issues, underpinned by high quality research and impact.
As a social enterprise, to foster social dialogue and the rule of law through education and training and enhance active citizenship through knowledge transfer activities to groups of interested parties and the wider public. We are pioneering new solutions with wider impact on socio-legal challenges, at no or a fair cost.
ICLAIM’s Objectives include:
- To create, promote and raise awareness of innovative and alternative legal solutions, including dispute resolution methods, widening access to social justice.
- To support socio-legal research and impact beyond academia, making a notable difference in society.
- To create a space and share experience, knowledge and expertise with interested groups and the public at large, designing solutions taylor-made to their needs.
- To enhance capacity building of interested groups and the wider public in the field of social justice.
- To empower ICLAIM users and citizens more generally to find their own solutions to socio-legal challenges.
Through, inter alia, the marketisation of outputs and the securing of external funding to conduct its activities in Cyprus and beyond, ICLAIM is a vehicle for responsible research, innovation and enterprise in the aforementioned fields
On 18 January 2022, ICLAIM and UCLan Cyprus will be presenting the Social Mediation project at the 2022 Global Solutions Forum, which will take place in Dubai! Our project was selected among others through a competition organised during the GIZ/SDSN Initiatives Lab,...
International Women’s Day (IWD) 8 March 2021: Balancing Resources and Tools through Traditional Vedic Understanding to Be Aware and Alert in a Challenging World by Dr L S Spedding
This piece was originally published in: Intl Womens Day 2021 – Women in Law International Opening RemarksMost of us nowadays are trying constantly to juggle the priorities in life: career, work, family, and self-care. We believe that in order to be our best selves,...
Sustainability Development in times of pandemic – Time for a Turnaround There are several signs that the management of the world and its key stakeholders requires a turnaround. Global preparedness for major crises - despite the many institutions that exist - is not...